Best Legendaries for Discipline Priest in Shadowlands
Shadowlands Legendary powers grant impactful gameplay effects for your Discipline Priest through the new Runecarving system. As your crafted Shadowlands legendary will be the most important piece of gear in the expansion, providing large performance benefits, it is crucial to pick the right legendary to craft and effectively spend your Soul Ash.
In this guide, we will recommend the best legendary powers and item slots for your Discipline Priest for Shadowlands content, as well as highlighting which legendaries are not worth crafting.
Ideal Crafting Order for Discipline Priest Legendaries
Assuming you're not looking for a specific legendary for off-spec, we recommend the following crafting order:
|#1||Craft Clarity of Mind at rank 2 if your preferred content is Raiding OR Twins of the Sun Priestess at rank 2 if you're Mythic+ focused.|
|#2||Upgrade your Raid or M+ preferred legendary above to maximum rank.|
|#3||Craft The Penitent One if desired|
The previous list recommended The Penitent One initially with the belief that capping Spirit Shell would require the empowered Penances to successfully reach the cap of 60% of the casting Priest's health due to the heavy damage nerfs the spec received before launch. Since that point, you are actually able to reach the cap or be extremely close to it, so the quality of life from Clarity of Mind's Atonement extensions meaning you can hit more allies becomes a lot more relevant. When running Evangelism/Rapture you would always run Clarity of Mind anyway.
Best Discipline Priest Legendaries
What Legendaries to Craft As a Discipline Priest
We listed the legendaries in terms of impact. The strongest and important legendaries are ranked first; legendaries not worth crafting are not mentioned at all (and there are many of them!).
- Available Slots: Chest or Ring
- Crafting Preference: Chest
- Secondaries to use: Crit/Haste
Has two functions depending on your talent selections. When talented into Spirit Shell, this ability extends active Atonements and decreases mana cost of damaging abilities. When NOT talented into Spirit Shell, this ability makes Power Word: Shields applied during Rapture to place longer lasting Atonements and cost less mana. Great legendary to take with either ability for the excellent increased extensions that it provides.
Verdict: Great legendary. Craft first at rank 2, then upgrade when your other prioritized legendaries are crafted.
- Available Slots: Head, Shoulder
- Crafting Preference: Head
- Stat preference: Haste/Crit
Excellent Mythic+ legendary that allows you to keep Power Infusion while sharing it with an ally. Coordinate with the DPS in your team to find the best time to utilize this cooldown on big pulls and let them know when you might need the buff timed for yourself in difficult to heal areas.
Verdict: Top Mythic+ option. If you are focusing on raid-first then craft this after you have crafted the above. If you are Mythic+ focused then craft first.
- Available Slots: Feet or Back
- Crafting Preference: Feet
- Secondaries to use: Haste/Crit
When casting Power Word: Radiance you have a chance to empower your next Penance. You can hold two charges of this buff so there is no penalty to casting back to back Power Word: Radiance. This is a solid legendary thanks to the moderate proc chance, but you're not able to guarantee that you have the buff for every ramp. If you generate two of the buffs then your 2nd Penance is frequently used well AFTER your ramp is completed, producing minimal extra healing. Still, it is strong burst that can fit easily into a Schism window and offers a more bursty alternative to the above legendary in raid.
In 5 mans it's a decent alternative to run when you want to focus on more single target damage. Also can be helpful on Prideful and Tyrannical when you still want to heal through Atonement.
Verdict: More offensive, decent alternative raid legendary to optimize your healing during early progression but much more narrow of a ramp window. Solid uses in Mythic+.
Do Not Craft Legendaries for Discipline Priest
- Kiss of Death: Allows Shadow Word: Death to convert into Atonement healing. Unfortunately after multiple Shadow Word: Death and nerfs to the legendary itself, it is not currently in competitive raid or M+ play.
- Crystalline Reflection: Creates additional damage when Power Word: Shield is consumed. Low-usage in PvE environments, decent extra damage.
- Measured Contemplation: Buffs the healing of your Shadow Mend like the Azerite essence Devout Spirit from BfA. Problem with this legendary is that there is such a long duration between each buffed Shadow Mend that its nowhere near as consistent as the Azerite trait it was made from.
- Vault of Heavens: Causing Leap of Faith to have multiple charges and to be improving your mobility. Fun, but not strong enough to see competitive play.
- Cauterizing Shadows: Steadily nerfed over Beta; too weak to see competitive play.