What is the BIS Discipline Priest gear?
Because Titanforging allows gear from many different sources to be competitive, targeting your absolute Best in Slot gear isn't entirely realistic; instead, we've created a Best in Slot list from the ideal Discipline Priest raid drops found in Eternal Palace, to help you decide what to prioritize and how best to spend your Seal of Wartorn Fate.
Discipline Priest will primarily focus on maximizing item level in most gear slots, with rings, trinkets and azerite slots (Helm/Chest/Shoulders) as the notable exceptions. Those slots should be targeted when possible for specific stat or Azerite bonuses although they too can be replaced if there is a significant item level increase. For example a low level Mastery/Haste ring (desirable Discipline stats) can be replaced by a significantly higher item level Vers/Crit ring, especially if it also has a socket.
Due to personal loot restrictions in BfA, keep in mind that obtaining the below items may be more difficult so do not be stressed if you do not have the perfect gear set going into raid. Playstyle makes a massive difference over having the most optimal gear slots.
Note: For the raid items selections below, this list is meant to put some suggestions of pieces to pursue. Having this entire set be your best pieces is unlikely to be achievable and will likely focus too much on just one stat. Usually mid-high 20s is sufficient for haste value so Crit/Mastery can then be pursued in other slots in lieu of stacking just haste. ITEM LEVEL IS OFTEN BETTER.
|Staff||Shandai, Watcher of Cosmos||
|Main Hand||Vorzz Yoq'al*||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Off-Hand||Uhnish Vwah||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Helm||Visage of Nightmarish Machinations||N'zoth the Corruptor|
|Shoulders||Spaulders of Miasmic Mycelia||Fury of N'Zoth|
|Cloak||Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve||Wrathion|
|Chest||Robes of Unreality||Prophet Skitra|
Wrathion (raid boss)
|Belt||Binding of Dark Heresies||Dark Inquisitor Xanesh|
|Legs||Corporeal Supplicant's Trousers||Fury of N'Zoth|
|Boots||Psychic's Subtle Slippers||Prophet Skitra|
|Ring||Ring of Collective Consciousness||Ka'zir|
|Ring||Ring of Cosmic Potential||N'Zoth the Corruptor|
|Trinket||Peerless Alchemist Stone||Alchemy - Crafted|
|Trinket||Humming Black Dragonscale||Wrathion (raid boss)|
|Trinket||Forbidden Obsidian Claw||Maut|
* Vorzz Yoq'al is the best natural corrupted weapon in Ny'alotha, the Waking City with the Corruption effect Void Ritual. Other weapons can corrupt with a more efficient corruption ratio (less corruption, higher stats) and those would generally be preferred. Expect tuning on Void Ritual.
Trinkets are less sensitive to item level differences. For example, some trinkets, like the Revitalizing Voodoo Totem are very underpowered compared to other dungeon effects, so a high ilvl totem may not be better than one of the trinkets above unless it is a massive difference in intellect.
- Peerless Alchemist Stone — Standard and easy to make, this trinket gets us started in Season 4 and continues to have situational uses well after we've replaced it for raiding.
- Humming Black Dragonscale — Solid all-round trinket much like the haste trinket from Dazar'alor, very high uptime and good stat value.
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw — Absolutely wild trinket that not only damages, but heals based off the damage and gives back more mana based on haste. A must target trinket early on in the raid.
- Oozing Coagulum — Reasonably high healing trinket with annoying positional requirements, these blood pools resemble some void zones present on the Drest'agath encounter, spawn near the player and stay up for around a minute, giving you time to use them when you please. With the high mobility encounters in Ny'alotha this could be a powerful trinket but requires extremely good (and unlikely) positioning to make the most out of it.
- Psyche Shredder — Very high damage trinket that can be useful for Mythic+ or raids when additional damage is required.
- Manifesto of Madness — Heavily statted trinket, with odd positional requirements. Could see some situational play but seems more likely for Mythic+ rather than raid.
Discipline Priest in Ny'alotha will have access to new corruption effects to further improve their performance. Below is a list of desirable corruption bonuses to pursue for your gear, many of these corruption effects can have niche/situational effects, so be careful on cleansing any of these pieces unless you know you won't be using them.
Discipline Priests look to generally prioritize Critical Strike damage and healing Strikethrough for progression healing. Eternal Palace demonstrated how important healer damage can be on meeting tight dps requirements. While Strikethrough seems to be the ideal corruption effect at present, others on this tab are also quite good.Passive Effects
- Strikethrough — As mentioned above, healer damage is always very important during progression and Disc will often have enough Haste to start moving towards another secondary stat in Ny'alotha. With this corruption piece, Disc can focus more on Crit after Haste reaches a sufficient level to further their output.
- Siphoner — Increased Leech is always incredibly beneficial for Discipline, especially in progression and especially when encounters favor heavy "rot" ticking damage. Expect this to be a very high throughput increase.
The above corruption effects all passively increase the value of your secondaries. While these corruption effects all give procs of secondary stats. Secondary stats overall aren't far from each other in value and any of these proc effects are quite good.
- Ineffable Truth — This corruption effect is actually a weapon effect that can be applied to many different pieces. While in early progression many ramp windows are set in stone, this corruption gets better as fights accelerate and you want to have your cooldowns back more rapidly.
- Void Ritual — A weapon corrupted effect that can corrupt other pieces of gear. This corruption price will often be high but looks to be quite potent, especially if other allies share it as well.
- Infinite Stars — While recently nerfed they are Infinite so nerfing infinity is still infinity. This is a damage focused corruption that does NOT proc Atonement healing. All the same, it is still incredibly good damage that can benefit your raid or M+ runs massively.
- Deadly Momentum — Increased Crit strike proc.
- Racing Pulse — Increased Haste proc.
- Surging Vitality — Increased Versatility proc.
- Honed Mind — Increased Mastery proc.
- Expedient — To assist in Haste reaching a sufficient level (many stick to the mid/high 20s region but there is no specific breakpoint) this corruption piece can work well with providing additional secondaries.
- Severe — Similarly, if you receive sufficient Haste and want to move more towards Crit to work with Strikethrough, then this corrupted piece can assist as well.
- Masterful — While Mastery is not a weak stat by any means its value with this passive effect depends entirely on how much of this stat is naturally present on your gear.
- Versatile — Similar to the Mastery effect, Versatility is not a poor stat by any means and might be even more crucial if encounters require greater damage reduction in order to survive incoming hits.
- Avoidant — Avoidance seems incredibly situational but could have specific areas where it shines for surviving a particularly challenging boss encounter in raids or Mythic+.
- Glimpse of Clarity — Cooldown reduction for Discipline looks to be a very niche effect at present with better options for many situations.