Discipline Priest Stat Priorities
Stats are a key component when customizing your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft--having the right combination of them can be crucial to your performance.
In this guide, we will detail the best stat priority for your Discipline Priest, as well as provide explanations covering how to determine Discipline Priest stat priorities personalized for your character in Shadowlands Pre-Patch, as well as how to check if a piece of gear is BiS, upgrade or just bad for you.
Besides talking about your Discipline Priest stat priority, we will also cover your stats in-depth, explaining nuances and synergies for niche situations that go beyond a generic Discipline Priest priority.
- Critical Strike: Provides a chance to double the damage and healing done by your spells. Overall very solid stat.
- Haste: Haste reduces the cooldown of certain spells like Solace, which can greatly improve our efficiency, and also other damage and healing spells, which results in greater throughput. More rapid casts allow for more Atonements to be placed out for specific windows of damage.
- Mastery: Mastery: Grace increases all healing and absorbs on targets with Atonement. Once you have a suitable amount of Haste, you will look towards high ilvl gear with both Mastery and Critical Strike on them. If you are more focused on Mythic+/5mans, you may look for stats that will increase your damage instead of Mastery.
- Versatility: Provides a linear gain in outgoing healing & damage, as well as reduction of damage taken. With this increase to damage done, and decrease to damage received, comes the price of worse scaling than any other secondary stats for Disc. Versatility will actually provide more benefits to healing than Mastery in 5-man dungeons while still increasing your damage, so it is much better in that content, but they are quite close in value in raids.
- Avoidance: Excellent survivability stat
- Leech: HPS and survivability increase. Healing and Damage done will translate to self-healing
- Speed: Mobility increase
- Indestructible: Unbreakable gear!
Best Stats for Disc Priest
- Item level
- Critical Strike
- Item level> Haste > Critical Strike/Mastery/Versatility
This breakdown for raids is focused primarily on Disc's hunger for more Haste. While most secondaries are quite close, Haste allows the spec to more easily apply Atonements that can be extended by Evangelism creating greater mana savings and a stronger response to raid wide damage. In the most popular talent build for Uldir, Haste also allows more damage casts to fit into the Schism damage windows that often align with Evangelism. More Atonements extended and greater damage done while all of those Atonements remain on targets is a high priority in Disc's raid healing.
Keep in mind that secondaries after Haste are pretty close together and you will often pursue the highest item level when intellect is involved. In rings, you can have more leeway towards taking higher Haste pieces as long as the ilvl is not too significantly lower.
- Critical Strike
- Intellect > Haste > Critical Strike/Versatility > Mastery