Discipline Priest Stat Priorities
Stats are a key component when customizing your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft--having the right combination of them can be crucial to your performance.
In this guide, we will detail the best stat priority for your Discipline Priest, as well as provide explanations covering how to determine Discipline Priest stat priorities personalized for your character in Shadowlands, as well as how to check if a piece of gear is BiS, upgrade or just bad for you.
Besides talking about your Discipline Priest stat priority, we will also cover your stats in-depth, explaining nuances and synergies for niche situations that go beyond a generic Discipline Priest priority.
Discipline Priest Stats
Shadowlands brings very radical changes in the field of stats for every class. With Diminishing Returns added to secondary stats, the idea of stacking one single stat is something that is seen less often. On top of that, Shadowlands brings another item level squish that reduces the item level bloat from previous expansions.
For secondary stats, the Discipline Priest has the following:
- Critical Strike: Provides a chance to double the damage and healing done by your spells. Overall very solid stat.
- Haste: Haste reduces the cooldown of certain spells like Solace, which can greatly improve our efficiency, and also other damage and healing spells, which results in greater throughput. More rapid casts allow for more Atonements to be placed out for specific windows of damage.
- Mastery: Mastery: Grace increases all healing and absorbs on targets with Atonement. Once you have a suitable amount of Haste, you will look towards high ilvl gear with both Mastery and Critical Strike on them. If you are more focused on Mythic+/5mans, you may look for stats that will increase your damage instead of Mastery.
- Versatility: Provides a linear gain in outgoing healing and damage, as well as reduction of damage taken. Versatility does NOT double dip with Atonement healing. Only the healing portion affects it.
- Avoidance: Excellent survivability stat
- Leech: HPS and survivability increase. Healing and Damage done will translate to self-healing
- Speed: Mobility increase
- Indestructible: Unbreakable gear!
Best Stats for Disc Priest
- Item level
- Critical Strike
- Item level> Haste > Mastery/Critical Strike > Versatility
This breakdown for raids is focused primarily on Disc's hunger for more Haste. While most secondaries are quite close, Haste allows the spec to more easily apply more Atonements, extend them and generate more output.
Keep in mind that secondaries after Haste are pretty close together and you will often pursue the highest item level when intellect is involved. In rings, you can have more leeway towards taking higher Haste pieces as long as the ilvl is not too significantly lower.
- Critical Strike
- Intellect > Haste > Critical Strike/Versatility > Mastery
These stats are focused on maximizing your damage while still providing strong throughput increases in a Mythic+ environment. Mastery, as the only secondary that does not increase your damage, is less desirable when optimizing for competitive speed runs.
How Covenant Choices Affect Disc Priest Stats
In short, they don't. Whichever Covenant you choose will not drastically change your focus as a Discipline Priest, so as a result your stat priority won't be changed either.
How Legendaries affect Disc Priest Stats
Legendaries also do not have an impact on your stat focus.