Do you know exactly what you're looking for? Let's get to it!
This Disc Priest build is focused primarily on the Legion-style of burst healing that we enjoyed last expansion in the raiding environment. Primary goal on setting up consistent bursts of healing within your Schism windows and heavier use of offensive Penance. This build is also incredibly strong for maximizing your damage in a competitive M+ environment.
This Disc Priest build is focused primarily on heavy use of defensive Penance to heal low health players in a raid environment. This build is less focused on large bursts of damage and but will provide significantly higher single target and tank healing.
- Critical Strike
Haste is the primary focus for raiding and Mythic+ in Battle for Azeroth, but in general, all stats have close enough value that gaining item level is very important.
Gearing and Enchants
Gear in Battle for Azeroth is heavily focused on pursuing item level upgrades on your gear pieces. While Haste will be a primary focus to prepare for raids, if you find a non-Haste piece that is 10 item levels higher than the Haste piece, it is quite likely that the higher ilvl piece will be better. Some exceptions to item level can be rings and some trinkets. A good rule of thumb is to prioritize item level in most slots, but always pursue higher Haste rings, only sacrificing item level if it is a small difference in item level. For further detail, check the gear guide.
A strong enchant to acquire once you receive a strong weapon will be Enchant Weapon - Quick Navigation.
Priority ListRaid Healing
- Cast Power Word: Shield to maintain Atonement on tanks or to spread before big damage goes out. The rate of use will depend on the damage going out onto the group.
- Maintain Shadow Word: Pain or Purge the Wicked on as many targets as possible. (If the target will live throughout the full duration of the dot, it is well worth applying.)
- Cast Penance if you have a Power of the Dark Side buff. Use defensively to heal a friendly for a large amount, or offensively to heal all allies with Atonement for a smaller amount.
- Use charges of Power Word: Radiance primarily together to apply mass Atonement before a raid-wide hit goes out.
- Cast Mindbender or Shadowfiend on cooldown after applying a high quantity of Atonements.
- Use Evangelism after using your Power Word: Radiance charges to extend the duration of all active Atonement.
- Use Halo (if talented) on cooldown just after big damage goes out.
- Cast Smite to do extra damage after ramp up or as filler.
- Use Shadow Mend as needed to deal with emergency spot healing, generally only if Penance is on cooldown.
- Mindbender or Shadowfiend on cooldown.
- Shadow Word: Pain on as many targets that will receive near full duration.
- Schism on cooldown (can be held briefly to time for a big hit).
- Power Word: Solace on cooldown.
- Penance on cooldown.
- Halo or Divine Star on cooldown.
- Smite or Holy Nova (if over 5 targets).