Guide provided by Wowhead
Raid & Azshara's Eternal Palace Guide
Holy Priest Raid Strengths
- Strong sustained healing throughput.
- Provides significant bonus mana to the healing team through Symbol of Hope.
- Powerful raid cooldown in Divine Hymn which also buffs healing done to targets affected by 10%.
- Flexible healing abilities, can assist in raid or spot healing at will.
- Easy to learn and well-suited to fit into any raid team.
Holy Priest Raid Weaknesses
- Little talent swapping.
- Mediocre mobility and personal defensives.
- Weak burst healing, is much more comfortable with consistent damage patterns.
Azshara's Eternal Palace Boss Tips & Tricks
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Abyssal Commander Sivara
Abyssal Commander Sivara Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, Chimeric Marks are stacked onto players, forcing consistent removal by running into another player with an opposing color.
- By forcing clears, you are able to more easily predict when damage comes out to utilize your Essence to greater effect. If many caster dps have Frost Mark then they will need more frequent clears as they are most often limited by the amount of instant-cast abilities.
- Use this to coordinate when players will be dropping their stacks, focus your Holy Word: Salvation for when a heavy amount of players need to clear their stacks.
- The above is for a more prepared and well-timed scenario. More than likely, many players will be clearing their stacks when the boss casts Overwhelming Barrage and their inadvertently are struck by it. Watch the timers for when this event is cast and watch the positioning of the raid so you can accurately target players for Prayer of Healing.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Blackwater Behemoth
Blackwater Behemoth Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, the boss will continue the other abilities as usual but now add in a Piercing Barb that needs to be split by players. Since it is a massive damaging ability, a defensive cooldown will often not be enough to survive. Players can immune or vanish/feign death if possible.
- This fight focuses on killing the bloatfish nearby to gain the Bioluminescence buff. This is the only way that raid members will be able to be healed. Tanks can naturally be healed due to the debuff applied to them.
- Be ready with Leap of Faith if needed to keep players with the Bioluminescence buff from being eaten if they swim over any chasms.
- Don't stress too much about mana conservation on this encounter as you will have very long chase moments with the boss where you will not be able to heal or be in range of it.
- Be aggressive with your mana on this encounter as you will easily regen much of it back when players are unable to be healed or when you are moving to a different platform. Focus on spot healing when possible to prevent players from getting killing by the Barb or the continued chain lightning damage.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Radiance of Azshara
Radiance of Azshara Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, two Stormwraith spawn, forcing the raid group to split into two groups of 10 to handle this boss encounter.
- This encounter rotates between two phases. The first phase involves heavy movement and spike damage frrom the Unshackled Power mechanic. Prepare for bursts of damage about 20 seconds apart until the boss phases.
- Make sure players with the Arcane Bomb debuff call for dispels or make sure they have an addon or aura that announces they have it so you can see when they move to a safe range to dispel.
- Arcanado are extremely annoying to deal with and are most easy when the raid is well spread out. If the group is not, try to extricate yourself from the group for an easier time casting.
- Ensure you will not get knocked back into water and that the raid is topped off when the Storm elemental casts Gale Buffet.
- Since you are splitting into two different groups on Mythic you need to find a strong time to cast Holy Word: Salvation. If your teams are starting at the same point then moving away from each other it may pay to cast it early when a burst from the boss goes out and you're in range of both groups.
- On Mythic, this encounter is very focused upon spot healing in your team. Pre-casting Prayer of Healing to quickly reverse damage is important but you must also make sure that all players are at a safe level before the next burst goes out to ensure that nobody is needlessly killed. Work with your partner healer to ensure that players are safe when the next Unshackled Power goes out.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Lady Ashvane
Lady Ashvane Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, a large bubble called the Empowered Rippling Wave spawns along with the smaller bubbles. This needs to be soaked three times by players. The Waterlogged will also last 20 minutes and persist through death, requiring even higher levels of healing as the encounter goes on.
- This fight is all about healer management. Knowing when the damage happens and avoiding overheal will be critical to success. Thankfully phase two is a low damage phase so healers will be able to alternate channeled mana potions or just simply add extra damage to save mana during this period.
- The longer the fight drags on, the more healer mana will be stretched. Coordinate using raid cooldowns early and often to save mana for the mid-end of the encounter where you will likely be spamming as hard as possible to keep players alive.
- Arcing Azerite is used to destroy the coral fields. Work with your partner to have the coral in between you both so that the detonation will clear out the coral, then soak the remaining field that spawns on Mythic.
- Damage is insanely important to contribute on this encounter on Mythic. Utilizing the Cyclotronic Blast red punchcard can greatly assist your raid in having the additional damage required to kill this boss.
- Timing defensives can be critical to sustaining your raid members throughout this encounter, working to get a second Holy Word: Salvation cast off is very helpful as it will save your healers more mana over the course of the encounter, allowing them to be more aggressive when the need arises near the end.
- Positioning is critical to dodge any Waves or ground effects without having to diminish your healing overly much. Watch where the Waves will spawn from the Coral and who's turn it is to soak the orbs and adjust accordingly.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Orgozoa
Orgozoa Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, Arcing Current applies to all allies with Incubation Fluid, making it imperative to stay spread out and to also avoid sharing extra debuffs.
- The damage for this fight starts off slow but continues to ramp as additional debuffs are applied to the raid.
- Quickly dealing with add spawns and staying spread will greatly reduce the damage dealt on the group, easing the burden on the healers.
- With the void zones spawning periodically in P1 and P2 keeping ranged dps to the sides and back of the room help tremendously so that the healers have full range on everyone at all times. Remain stacked on Mythic except for during Arcing Current.
- Watch tanks as they taunt swap, the Desensitizing Sting is a reverse tank debuff, so your tanks will take increased damage when they swap rather than progressively larger damage.
- On Mythic this encounter gets to be an incredible endurance test. Near the end of P1 you should be draining just about all of your mana, so that you can run down the stairs to phase two, use a channeled mana potion and use that remaining mana to sustain you till the end.
- Watch your overhealing early on in this encounter as you will be spamming as hard as possible near the end of P1 to keep the raid health, try to save Holy Words until before Arcing Currents to provide a quick burst of healing to keep players from being killed off by the incoming burst damage.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for The Queen's Court
The Queen's Court Holy Priest Tips
- On Mythic difficulty, the Sphere of Influence causes the banners to pulse damage and inflict additional damage on the decrees. There is also constant decree's occurring as the other mechanics go on.
- This fight is very helter-skelter as a healer, between reacting to decrees, stacking up for Frenetic Charge and Zealous Eruption while also preparing for Potent Spark damage.
- The damage from sparks is totally within control of the team and depending on tuning, can be activated whenever the group wants.
- If there are significant raid cooldowns available then popping them in quick succession, after the 5 second additional damage taken debuff falls off can be possible.
- Queen's Court is often a slog of an encounter on Mythic. Preparing heavy healing for when Spark's are active and holding Holy Word: Serenity for just before a spark will detonate to secure the health of the lowest player is incredibly effective.
- Try to maximize your damage during this encounter on Mythic as it does have a reasonably tight damage check. How you maximize your casts is also critical on this encounter, clearing Deferred quickly by moving and casting, differentiating your casts and not getting silenced during Repeat Performance is also vital as well.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Za'qul
Za'qul Holy Priest Tips
- This fight has a hefty quantity of mechanics, but the primary ones for healers will be dispelling and positioning. Dispelling players as the leave the Delirium realm as well as...
- Dread needs to be staggered in dispels to prevent the raid from getting ticked down too quickly. Assign a dispel order for your healers so they know who is dispelling next and can choose when to deal damage to the raid.
- In the fear realm the raid takes increasing stacks of Hysteria. High healing cooldowns will be required to sustain throughout this phase though it remains to be seen how many cooldowns or ramp ups need to be attributed here.
- Manifest Nightmares deals heavy damage to nearby allies and drops void zones that also deal heavy damage. Continue spot healing the impacted player so they can focus on moving away from other raiders.
- On your first trip down into the Fear realm you will need to pump damage on free globals to avoid getting 8 stacks of Hysteria. Once you leave you will be immediately greeted by the Dread. Preemptively using raid cooldowns to start healing up the damage from the DoTs before the bursts from Dread go off will go a long way in smoothing out the damage here and preventing wanton deaths. Using Desperate Prayer preemptively before Dread casts go off will also keep you safe through high damage.
Holy Priest Talent Recommendations for Queen Azshara
Queen Azshara Holy Priest Tips
- Soaking runes will cause the Drained Soul affect, reducing max health, watch the stacks for your team so they do not get too high, causing raiders to get one-shot by incoming damage.
- There is significant mobility and line of sight issues on this encounter. Clearly mark tanks and where ranged dps should be standing so you can adjust your position accordingly.
- More tips will be added once the raid is cleared and Mythic difficulty is made available.
Notable Eternal Palace Gear
Azshara's Eternal Palace is a full raid tier, with many new items to acquire in every slot, several of which also have special effects that may influence your gearing or gameplay as discussed below. Make sure to visit the Holy Priest Gear Guide for the full Best in Slot list including Azerite.
Raid Tools and Analyzing Your Performance
There are many ways to getting better at raiding, and while understanding the encounter and your specialization's role within it is one of the most important ones, being able to review your performance will help you better understand what is happening, what went right, and what went wrong.
Logging is a powerful tool which allows you to make a record of everything that happened during an encounter. WarcraftLogs uses that record to create analytical charts detailing the positioning, damage dealt and taken, who had which buffs and debuffs, even a full real-time replay of the entire encounter. Check out Wowhead's full WarcraftLogs Guide to see what the number one raiding resource can do for you.
WoWAnalyzer is more personal. It uses the same WarcraftLogs report to create a detailed analysis of a single player's performance, with less emphasis on what happened during the encounter and more tailored to improving that specific player's rotation, cooldown use, survivability, and role (tanking, healing, damage dealing). Give Wowhead's WoWAnalyzer Guide a read, and find out how it can help you improve.
Raidbots is a simulation site, which allows you to simulate your character under a variety of conditions, create stat weights, compare gear choices, talents, and much more. It is a web interface for SimulationCraft, a long-running simulation project maintained by prominent community theorycrafters, made even more accessible through the simplicity of Raidbots format and dedicated servers. See Wowhead's detailed Raidbots Guide to learn more.
Deadly Boss Mods and BigWigs are all-important encounter addons, with customizable alerts, countdowns, and timers to help you preempt and react to important encounter mechanics. Find out more with Wowhead's Deadly Boss Mods and BigWigs guides.
Additionally, there are many Addons, WeakAuras, and other tools which can help you improve your gameplay, focus on important encounter mechanics, or just simplify your UI to make it easier to see what's happening during an encounter. Check out our UI and WeakAuras pages for more information.