Battle for Azeroth brings many differences as far as stats go. In BFA, thanks to the stat and item level squish items will have a smaller amount of attributes overall on them, plus there are less secondary stats available in BFA as compared to Legion.
Intellect is our main primary stat and is found on all gear that we want to be wearing. It has a higher value than any of the secondary stats and should be the first thing you look at when debating whether one piece of gear is an upgrade over another.
For secondary stats, the Holy Priest has the following:
- Mastery - Increases the effectiveness of Mastery: Echo of Light, leaving HoTs on the targets from our direct heals. Now that absorbs have been greatly toned down in size, along with damage patterns becoming more consistent and less bursty, Mastery has become exceptionally powerful, more than earning the top spot.
- Critical Strike - Provides a chance to double the healing done of your spells, this synergizes quite well with Mastery and the bigger focus on direct healing playstyle through heavy Holy Word usage in that Critical direct heals also increase the size of the Echo of Light heal that follows them. While it is random, which is a drawback for many healers, it is rare to find many of your heals relying on a critical strike at a specific moment to save a player from death, often proper preparation is the key to saving lives. Next in priority in raid healing after Mastery.
- Haste - Haste decreases the cast time of your spells and also adds ticks during the healing over time of Renew. While Haste breakpoints still exist for Renew, they are irrelevant today because when you are in between these breakpoints the HoT receives partial ticks that are added onto the regular tick. Haste also reduces the Global Cooldown (GCD) and the cooldowns of certain spells like Prayer of Mending and others that have a green text when you mouseover their tooltips in game. Renew is often not a large portion of your healing so Haste is not a huge priority for Holy. More often taking higher ilvl items will give you sufficient Haste to get into a comfortable flow of responding to damage.
- Versatility - Provides a linear gain in outgoing healing & damage, as well as reduction of damage taken.
- Avoidance - Excellent survivability stat.
- Leech - HPS and survivability increase. Healing and Damage done will translate to self-healing.
- Speed - Mobility increase.
- Indestructible - Unbreakable gear.
Bests Stats for Holy PriestRaids
- Intellect > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility
- Intellect > Haste > Critical Strike/Versatility > Mastery