Holy Priest Talents Guide
Talents are one of the core character systems in World of Warcraft, giving players the option to customize their character by choosing different abilities.
In this guide, we will explain how all Holy Priest talents work and what are the best Holy Priest talent builds to use in Shadowlands, including specialized content like Raids and Mythic+. We also highlight all the best uses for each talent, so you can confidently pick the right talent to use for every situation, as well as the best Honor Talents to use while you are enjoying the bonuses from War Mode.
Note that in order to change talents, you must be out of combat and either be in a rested zone, like a major city or inn, or under the effects of Tome of the Tranquil Mind or Codex of the Tranquil Mind.
Best Holy Priest Talents
Looking for a quick Holy Priest build? This is the right one for you! However, if you are looking into something more specific like serious raiding or Mythic+ Dungeons, check other builds below.
- Level 15: Enlightenment
- Level 25: Angelic Feather
- Level 30: Cosmic Ripple
- Level 35: Censure
- Level 40: Prayer Circle or Surge of Light
- Level 45: Benediction or Halo
- Level 50: Holy Word: Salvation
New, Modified, and Removed Holy Priest TalentsNew
- NEWPrayer Circle Using Circle of Healing reduces the cast time of your Prayer of Healing by 25% for 8 sec.
- NEWRenewed Faith Your healing is increased by 10% on targets with your Renew.
- Afterlife Increases the duration of Spirit of Redemption by 50% .
- Apotheosisenter a pure Holy form for 20 sec, increasing the cooldown reductions to your Holy Words by 300% and reducing their cost by 100%.
- Halo Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for (
103% of Spell power) and dealing (103% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies.
- Binding Heal Heals you, your target, and another friendly target within 20 yards for (
67% of Spell power). Reduces the remaining cooldown on both Holy Word: Serenity and Holy Word: Sanctify by 3 sec Cost: 2.9% of base mana
- Cosmic Ripple When Holy Word: Serenity or Holy Word: Sanctify finish their cooldown, you emit a burst of light that heals up to 5 injured targets for (
30% of Spell power).
- Divine Star Throw a Divine Star forward 24 yds, healing allies in its path for (
50% of Spell power) and dealing (40% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies. After reaching its destination, the Divine Star returns to you, healing allies and damaging enemies in its path again.
- REMOVED Enduring Renewal Your single-target healing spells refresh the duration of your Renew on the target.
Detailed Holy Priest Builds
Note: There are currently no talent variations depending on your covenant selection.
This Holy Priest build is focused primarily on raiding in Shadowlands. Either Benediction or Halo depending on if there is bursty enough damage and players are close enough to make solid value from Halo. Surge of Light is very competitive, especially while progressing where mobility and mana efficiency are key. Prayer Circle is excellent if you have sufficient mana to spend on extra Prayer of Healing.
This Holy Priest build is focused for Mythic+ with the Flash Concentration legendary. While higher maintenance this build is the strongest for when you're in the most challenging keystones due to the high frequency of priority target healing and AoE healing, that is, when you must bomb huge healing into your tank at the same time that multiple members of the group are taking heavy damage as well. It is especially helpful for dungeons like Spires of Ascension or De Other Side which require very heavy single target throughput through enemy forces and bosses.
This Holy Priest build is focused for Mythic+ with the Harmonious Apparatus legendary. Renew is much more worth the cast in dungeons now that group wide damage is consistent throughout both trash mobs and the Prideful affix enemies. This makes Renewed Faith a solid talent to take in dungeons to support your throughput. Really helpful on prideful to blanket Renew on your party, followed by rapid Prayer of Healing casts thanks to Prayer Circle.
Holy Priest Talent Overview
Tier 1 (Level 15) Talent for Holy Priest
- Enlightenment – A solid increase in mana regeneration and allows flexibility on what you are spending your additional mana on in comparison to Trail of Light. Default talent option for raiding at the moment.
- Trail of Light – Trail allows for a marked increase in your split-target healing by allowing your previous target to be healed for a portion of your last cast Flash Heal. Solid in dungeons and when taking Flash Concentration.
- Renewed Faith – New talent with Shadowlands increasing your healing on allies with Renew. Can be useful for further increasing your healing on the tank or other allies in a 5 man environment especially against Prideful or Tyrannical enemies.
Tier 2 (Level 25) Talent for Holy Priest
- Angel's Mercy – Replicating the artifact trait effect from Legion, this talent offers solid cooldown reduction to Desperate Prayer at the cost of your mobility. Strong in low mobility encounters.
- Body and Soul – Available to Holy Priest but doesn't offer as strong of self-mobility as feather.
- Angelic Feather – Consistent, allows pre-placement, and priority is given to the caster. Your go-to for mobility.
Tier 3 (Level 30) Talent for Holy Priest
- Cosmic Ripple – Only raw HPS increase in the row; go-to pick for raid if further utility is not needed.
- Guardian Angel – Strong cooldown reduction for Guardian Spirit; go-to pick for Mythic+. Requires proactive use to prevent the Spirit effect from being consumed in order to gain value.
- Afterlife – Niche talent that is outshone by raw HPS gains from Cosmic Ripple.
Tier 4 (Level 35) Talent for Holy Priest
- Psychic Voice – Strong cooldown reduction to newly returned Psychic Scream. Strong for leveling, potential uses as Area of Effect interrupt in 5man content.
- Censure – Adds extra value to Holy Word: Chastise and can be powerful if your team needs more single target stuns in a dungeon.
- Shining Force – Great displacement tool that can be cast on allies. Useful for helping tanks start kiting, dealing with the Sanguine affix, or creating space for yourself when leveling.
Tier 5 (Level 40) Talent for Holy Priest
- Surge of Light – Offers free Flash Heals for casting other heals, helpful in dungeon content when mobility is required and helpful in raids to better pace your mana and provide additional spot healing.
- Binding Heal – Split-cleave ability that is woven into the spell priority for light-moderate damage on the group and reduces the cooldown of both major Holy Words.
- Prayer Circle – New talent in Shadowlands offering faster casting Prayer of Healing after Circle of Healing. Great in raids for bursting further throughput on demand, also helpful for the steady group wide damage of Prideful enemies in Mythic+ dungeons.
Tier 6 (Level 45) Talent for Holy Priest
All talents in this row will be viable for raiding content and will be fight specific in nature.
- Benediction – A potent, passive talent augmenting existing abilities. Strong synergy with Holy Word: Salvation in raids with the additional Prayer of Mending stacks provided by Salv offering significant Renew refreshes.
- Divine Star – Small, consistent heal for stacked raid fights and for many dungeons. Also great leveling talent for the extra damage it can provide, especially while moving.
- Halo – Strong talent for more spread encounters, and no longer has any range modes where you heal the target hit at the farthest difference for more; if you hit them at 5yrds away it heals for the same as the person hit 40 yards away.
Tier 7 (Level 50) Talent for Holy Priest
- Light of the Naaru – Decent, flat additional cooldown reduction to Serendipity abilities. Long-term, provides big cooldown reduction to our most important abilities in Holy Words.
- Apotheosis – Potent 2-minute cooldown allowing faster access to Holy Words, especially with it instantly resetting the cooldown of your Holy Word: Serenity, Holy Word: Chastise, and Holy Word: Sanctify on use. Must have in dungeon content.
- Holy Word: Salvation – Incredibly powerful cooldown that is reduced by Holy Word use. This 12-minute cooldown often averages around a 5-minute cooldown depending on the player's ability to cast more Holy Words. Very powerful progression raiding talent, especially when multiple uses are guaranteed. Can be less valuable if you are unable to get a 2nd cast in.
Crowd Control Talents
From a questing/leveling perspective, Relentless looks to be your best option as it will synergize best with open world content.
Non-CC PvP Talents
This PvE oriented guide will look at talents that are best suited for solo leveling or questing content. Instanced and queued PvP talents will vary. Primary recommendations will be Inner Focus and Greater Fade as these offer the highest personal defensive and damage oriented options available. Divine Ascension can be use in conjunction with Goblin Glider Kit to maneuver more easily while leveling. Other PvP talents will be more optimal when running with a group or when engaging in actual world or instanced PvP.