Do you know exactly what you're looking for? Let's get to it!
This Holy Priest build is well rounded and suited for all types of content, without focusing on any one thing in particular. For a deeper look at each talent and more specialized builds for specific activities, see the Holy Priest Talent Guide.
- Cast Holy Word: Serenity on cooldown (if target is around 50% HP)
- Cast Holy Word: Sanctify on cooldown (if hitting full 6 players and sufficient damage going out).
- Prayer of Mending on cooldown.
- Circle of Healing (if talented) on cooldown.
- Flash Heal as needed and to deal with spot damage.
- Cast Prayer of Healing as raid damage occurs and mana permitting.
- Cast Binding Heal (if talented) during medium to low damage to get your HWords off cooldown more quickly.
- Heal as filler when not moving.
- Renew rarely, often while moving on targets taking sustained damage.
Holy Priests primarily favor Intellect through Item Level, along with Mastery, though secondary stats are generally close in value.
- Critical Strike
Gear in Battle for Azeroth is heavily focused on pursuing item level upgrades on your gear pieces. While haste will be a primary focus to prepare for raids, if you find a non-haste item that is 10 item levels higher than the haste piece, it is quite likely that the higher ilvl piece will be better. Some exceptions to item level can be rings and some trinkets. For further detail, check the gear guide.
Only two gear slots can be enchanted by all players in Battle for Azeroth: weapons and rings. There are also glove enchants which can assist with professions, Enchanter-only bracer enchants which modify hearthstone use, and Tailor-only cloak enchants which reduce threat slightly.
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Machinist's Brilliance
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Accord of Mastery
- Gems: Leviathan's Eye of Intellect and Masterful Sea Current
The essence system offers powerful additional abilities to your toolkit that are unlocked throughout various activities like reputations, pvp and pve. Essences often have various situational or specific benefits, to find out more check out the full Holy Priest Essences guide here for unlock requirements and breakdowns of specific uses.
Excerpt from the Essence Guide:
The Well of Existence — Calibrated Existence Gauge
- Use on: Raids/Mythic+
High potential for Mythic+ usage as it accumulates overheal and allows you a short cooldown with which you can redirect it. Minor downsides are the limited quantity that the Well absorbs, being capped at the player's maximum health. This can become problematic on high throughput required bosses where you generate very low overhealing, see Galvazzt. In this situation you can go into the fight with a capped Well, but the passive effect will begin to drain away the value of the orb in between cooldowns of the active ability and then it will be very difficult to refill when you are no longer producing overhealing.
This can also occur on trash packs where heavy group damage is common. Waycrest Manor has many mobs that deal heavy damage to the entire party through DoT effects. In this situation you can still generate heavy overheal through your Echo of Light or heavy Prayer of Healing usage, but it can quickly fade away if there is too much pressure on the group leaving you vulnerable without its power.
In raids this ability can be quite useful but is often in conflict with the minor effect as discussed below.