Do you know exactly what you're looking for? Let's get to it!
This Holy Priest build is well rounded and focused on raid content. For a deeper look at each talent and more specialized builds for specific activities, see the Holy Priest Talent Guide.
- Cast Holy Word: Serenity on cooldown (if target is around 50% HP)
- Cast Holy Word: Sanctify on cooldown (if hitting full 6 players and sufficient damage going out).
- Prayer of Mending on cooldown.
- Circle of Healing (if talented) on cooldown.
- Flash Heal as needed and to deal with spot damage.
- Cast Prayer of Healing as raid damage occurs and mana permitting.
- Heal as filler when not moving.
- Renew rarely, often while moving on targets taking sustained damage.
Holy Priests primarily favor Intellect through Item Level, along with Mastery, though secondary stats are generally close in value.
- Critical Strike
Gear in Battle for Azeroth is heavily focused on pursuing item level upgrades on your gear pieces. While haste will be a primary focus to prepare for raids, if you find a non-haste item that is 10 item levels higher than the haste piece, it is quite likely that the higher ilvl piece will be better. Some exceptions to item level can be rings and some trinkets. For further detail, check the gear guide.
Only two gear slots can be enchanted by all players in Battle for Azeroth: weapons and rings. There are also glove enchants which can assist with professions, Enchanter-only bracer enchants which modify hearthstone use, and Tailor-only cloak enchants which reduce threat slightly.
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Machinist's Brilliance
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Accord of Mastery
- Gems: Leviathan's Eye of Intellect and Masterful Sea Current
The essence system offers powerful additional abilities to your toolkit that are unlocked throughout various activities like reputations, pvp and pve. Essences often have various situational or specific benefits, to find out more check out the full Holy Priest Essences guide here for unlock requirements and breakdowns of specific uses.
Excerpt from the Essence Guide:
- Use on: Raids
Offering another solid cooldown to use in a raiding environment, when mana is rarely an issue. Holy Priest already has a high quantity of cooldowns at its disposal so you will almost always have something available to use when damage is incoming.>